We are launching our training programs at the Advanced Prototyping Center! To celebrate, Proficia is sponsoring the June MAKE IT IN LA meetup: Product Strategy Real-Time: Learn from Pros How to Make Your Ideas Viable. Come to the LA Cleantech Incubator to meet our instructors and see the training space. Stay for public “speed coaching” hosted by product development expert Pam Schulz. Three product development consultants will provide feedback on two entrepreneurs’ product ideas.
Proficia will be launching three class series.
- Experience Cleantech targets the general public and presents a concept related to energy efficiency or resource conservation with a hands-on component. July classes in the Experience Cleantech series include:
- Composting as a Waste Management Strategy
- Power Electronic Devices with Heat
- Build your own Water Filter
- Professional Development is designed to provide engineers, artists, and anyone who creates with skills they can use in the workplace. July classes in this series include:
- Introduction to Electronics through Troubleshooting
- The Product Design Process
- Solidworks Software (at the LA City College campus – register here)
- Workforce Development programs are set up in partnerships with nonprofits, employers, and government agencies. In July, we will be launching intensive job-training in electronics and embedded programming for young people from the Youth Policy Institute.
Be sure to contact us to register, as we expect the meetup to sell out. We hope to see you on June 28 (6:30-8:30 pm) for MAKE IT IN LA at the LA Cleantech Incubator on the La Kretz Innovation Campus!
Proficia cultivates experts and entrepreneurs in high-demand specialties and works alongside employers to produce training programs in technology and advanced manufacturing.